crossfit banner

crossfit banner

Friday, February 1, 2013

Athlete of the month!!

Well it's February and it's time for our athletes of the month!!

We like to take a look at some of our athletes who are doing their best everyday for themselves and the community. Our male Athlete of the Month is:

DON SMITH!



As a coach Don is great to watch, he knows is limitations but still pushes himself as best he can during every workout, even after the whole gym has packed up and gone home he still never gives up! It's been inspiring watching his progress!

Here is what he has to say:

"I’m 44 years old and an EMS helicopter pilot both here and back home in the civilian world.
Being a father of 6 kids and recently re-married, it is hard to find quality time to work out and stay in shape. My goal when I came to Kosovo was to find something that I could do to get in shape that would easily maintain itself when I got back home.

Crossfit, through a lot of peer pressure from my friends, is that something. It is a complete workout and you don’t need to spend hours and hours in the gym or miles on the road to get and stay in shape. It allows you to get a quality workout in a short amount of time per day.

The major thing that has kept me going and sticking with the workouts has to be the encouragement and positive atmosphere at the gym. They make you “want” to come back for more every day. Thanks to everyone there who helps and keeps everyone going and working hard.

I like the idea that it gives you the ability to do the things in life that require you to be “in shape”. I like to mountain bike and snow ski. I know these workouts will give me the energy and endurance to enjoy them more in the future. I will also be able to keep up with my kids!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment