crossfit banner

crossfit banner

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Athlete of the Month March- Super Woman

Our Girl Chris!!

Our March Female Athlete of the month is Christin Roberts:

Chris has been with us from the very beginning and has a silent steady way about her. We are proud of her accomplishments. Though she is often hiding in the background silently doing hard work, we see her back there and are happy she is part of our community. Congrats Chris, now get to work!!

From Chris:
 

"I am a marathoner that doesn’t quite have the look of a runner. This is the reason I started CrossFit with the main goal to lose a few, 20lbs and counting, and become a faster runner, 1:30 off of two mile run.
 
After the initial beat down that CrossFit gave me what kept me coming back was the friendly no judgment atmosphere. Everybody has to start somewhere right? Looking back at my start I have gone from being terrified to jump on anything higher than an aerobic step to doing 24” box jumps. Struggling with lifting just the bar to being able to put on and lift RX weight.
 
My tiny baby goals pull me through and keep me coming back. My next goals are double unders and toes to bars…..after that whatever else I can’t do……yet. I can only hope that once I get home I can find and continue to grow under great coaching and mentors in a box as awesome as ours."

No comments:

Post a Comment